As a dedicated Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I was thrilled to receive the April 2023 kit and explore the new card designs. While the kit instructions were fantastic, I decided to get creative and design some alternative cards using the materials provided. Here are a couple alternate designed cards that I made with the April 2023 Paper Pumpkin craft kit – “All the Little Things”.
- “Enjoy Your Day” Card
This was the first card I made and I followed the instructions from the kit. Super easy and such a beautiful card. I especially like the black twine and how it is tied up a little crooked. I also stamped my sentiment in black ink instead of the Shaded Spruce as instructed.
- “With Deepest Sympathy” Card
This card uses a piece of basic white card stock (not from the kit) cut to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored on the long edge at 4 1/4″. I basically created the card according to the instructions, but for an added pop of color I cut a piece of shaded spruce card stock 4 7/8″ x 3 1/8″ as a layering piece behind the blue/white piece. I think this just makes it pop a bit more and really finishes the card off.
- “I’m Grateful…” Card
The base for this card uses a piece of basic white card stock (not from the kit) cut to 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored on the long edge at 5 1/2″. I used the green vine pre-cut component and layered it over a piece of paper that I cut from one of the envelopes that were included in the kit. I cut that piece to 4″ x 5 1/4″ and layered the greenery piece on top of it with dimensionals. (I used A LOT of dimensionals for this) 🙂 I embellished it with three of the small pre-cut flowers from the kit. The little white daisies that surround the sentiment are the same ones provided in the kit – just flipped over to the white side. I adhered a small dot of calypso coral card stock to the back of the daisies to make the centers of the flower pop.
- “Birthday Love…” 5 x 7 Card
For this alternate design, I used the larger card base provided in the kit to create a 5×7 card. I layered a piece of the shaded spruce cardstock behind the blue background piece that I cut from one of the envelopes in the kit. Then I stamped some branches on the blue layer in balmy blue to give it some interest. I used the vine piece from the kit and cut it apart. The focal point of the card is the main floral piece which I did not alter. I used the scalloped pieces and cut them in half – then adhered them to the top left and bottom right corners of the card.
The sentiment for this card came from the Boho Indigo Stamp set from several years ago (now retired) and the inside sentiment came from one of my most favorite sentiment sets called “Something Fancy“. Finally the embellishments used are the balmy blue color from the “Glossy Dot Assortment” pack.
5. Calendar Card – A2 Size
One of my favorite things to make is a desk calendar page using the Days to Remember stamp set and pieces from the kit. Not only do they add a touch of creativity to my workspace, but they also make great gifts for friends and family. Plus, since they are A2 sized, they can be mailed like a card if you want to send a little something special to someone in the mail.
Why Subscribe to Paper Pumpkin?
There are several reasons why signing up for a monthly Paper Pumpkin subscription is a great idea for anyone who loves crafting and DIY projects.
- Convenience: With a Paper Pumpkin subscription, all of the materials you need to create a beautiful and unique project are delivered right to your door each month. You don’t have to worry about going to the store and gathering supplies, as everything you need is included in the kit. Plus, you can stop or resume your subscription at any time with no penalty.
- Variety: Each Paper Pumpkin kit contains a different project, so you’ll always have something new and exciting to work on.
- Creativity: Paper Pumpkin kits are designed to inspire creativity and allow you to express yourself through crafting. The kits include detailed instructions, but also leave plenty of room for customization and personalization.
- Value: The Paper Pumpkin subscription is an affordable way ($24.50/month includes shipping) to enjoy crafting without breaking the bank. Each kit contains high-quality materials and enough supplies to create multiple projects.
- Community: Subscribing to Paper Pumpkin also means joining a community of fellow crafters who share your passion for DIY projects. You can connect with other subscribers online, share your creations, and get inspired by others.
Overall, a Paper Pumpkin subscription is a great way to explore your creativity, try new crafting techniques, and have fun making beautiful projects. Whether you’re an experienced crafter or just starting out, there’s something for everyone in each monthly kit.